Upton Westlea is situated just outside the City of Chester. They are a small school with for 140 children aged 3-11 and a 26 place nursery class (26 morning 26 afternoon). The school also have a 7 place resourced provision for children with Autism .
Although small in number, they have a spacious building with a well stocked library and technology room, the latter having a computer suite.They also have a large playing field and playground which gives the children plenty of space in which to play.
We have a fund raising group who work hard to raise money for the school.
The policy at the school is to encourage parents to come into school to help in whatever way they can. The school also have strong links with the community and encourage local people to come into our special assemblies which are held weekly.
The school has achieved the following awards:
- 2000-Government award for substantial improvement
- 2008-Basic Skills quality Mark (for the 3rd time)
- Arts Mark Silver (2nd time)
- 2010-Investors in People (for the 3rd time)
- 2009-Active Mark
- 2008-Family Learning and parenting skills
- 2010-Health Schools Award
Latest posts by North Wales Admin (see all)
- Llandudno Christmas Fayre 2018 - November 1, 2018
- New Video Game Allows You to Play as a Medieval North Wales - October 31, 2018
- Keep Your Family Warm This Winter with Heating Oil - October 30, 2018